- RSS Channel Showcase 9548590
- RSS Channel Showcase 1940360
- RSS Channel Showcase 7173093
- RSS Channel Showcase 6229004
Articles on this Page
- 09/27/12--22:21: _Two Years Ago Today …
- 12/06/12--21:49: _Cornucopia I
- 01/29/13--15:34: _Danger! Iceberg Ahead!
- 01/31/13--17:32: _The Next Big Thing
- 02/05/13--19:19: _England is One Step...
- 02/11/13--01:57: _To the ‘If’s and Bu...
- 02/25/13--14:35: _WANACon: The View f...
- 03/05/13--02:25: _The Self-Published ...
- 03/30/13--22:49: _‘Identical’ has its...
- 04/15/13--15:18: _Guest Posting and a...
- 11/17/13--19:42: _Bon Voyage, Doris L...
- 12/05/13--14:21: _Bon Voyage Nelson
- 12/12/13--16:01: _I am not Just a Can...
- 09/30/15--21:13: _57
- 02/13/16--13:10: _Free Short Stories ...
- 09/21/16--10:47: _The Saga is Done
- 10/01/16--14:38: _Free SF/F eBooks To...
- 10/04/16--15:48: _October is ‘Powered...
- 12/24/16--21:46: _Fuck you, 2016 – Yo...
- 12/07/17--13:28: _Way To Go, Australia
- 09/27/12--22:21: Two Years Ago Today …
- 12/06/12--21:49: Cornucopia I
- 01/29/13--15:34: Danger! Iceberg Ahead!
- 01/31/13--17:32: The Next Big Thing
- 02/05/13--19:19: England is One Step Closer
- 02/11/13--01:57: To the ‘If’s and But’s’ Apologisers
- 02/25/13--14:35: WANACon: The View from the Back of the Room
- 03/05/13--02:25: The Self-Published Author and the 30%
- 03/30/13--22:49: ‘Identical’ has its own Page
- 04/15/13--15:18: Guest Posting and a 17th Century Science Fiction Novel!
- 11/17/13--19:42: Bon Voyage, Doris Lessing
- 12/05/13--14:21: Bon Voyage Nelson
- 12/12/13--16:01: I am not Just a Cancer Survivor
- 09/30/15--21:13: 57
- 02/13/16--13:10: Free Short Stories from Azimov’s Science Fiction Magazine
- 09/21/16--10:47: The Saga is Done
- 10/01/16--14:38: Free SF/F eBooks Today and Tomorrow (1st and 2nd Oct) Only
- 10/04/16--15:48: October is ‘Powered By Indie’ at Amazon
- 12/24/16--21:46: Fuck you, 2016 – You Can’t have her too!
- 12/07/17--13:28: Way To Go, Australia
… I blogged for the first time, right here! This is how that first post looked. (I’ve added a few bells and whistles since then) It’s a lovely little story about the possibilities of flight. These years of being a blographer, have been a wonderful flight through the soaring updrafts, and near-earth collisions of my […]
This Sunday 9th December, 7pm ET (4pm my time!) I am the guest author at The Writers Chatroom. Please drop by, say, “Hi”, and join in the fun. This link will take you right to The Writers Chatroom log in page. Enter a username, and click on ‘sign in’. You don’t need a password. Every […]
widdershinsfirstWidder With a Glint in her EyeThe Goddess Abundantia with a Cornucopia by RubensLaugh
This recent cold spell resulted in a phenomenon I’d never seen before. Perhaps to Northern hemisphere dwellers it might seem like just another winter’s day, but for someone who’s experience of monochromatic landscapes has been drought baked deserts or bushfire charcoal plains, the sight of an entire lake of frozen water left me with a […]
widdershinsfirstHUGE!!! Iceberg on WidderlakeOnly tiny patches of open water remain
Many thanks to Jennifer, of ‘Cosmic Driftwood’ fame, and her post ‘The Next Big Thing, – 8 degrees F Style, wherein she picks me to be ‘it’! This is how it’s supposed to work … 1 – Thank and link to the person who picked me – Done 2 – Pick someone to be the next […]
MP’s vote 400 to 175 to pass same-sex marriage Bill. One more country a step closer to recognising that marriage is between two people. * “A sucessful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person” - Mignon McLaughlin, journalist, author.
widdershinsfirstWiddershins Mask in an odd mood
NEWS FLASH: Next week I’ll be at a FREE online writers conference about indie publishing. It’s called IndieReCon – Making Indie-Publishing a Mission Possible. It runs from 19th February to the 21st. Check out the schedule, and the list of giveaways! * One of the new features I’m introducing this year is a category called ‘Passion Play’s’. […]
widdershinsfirstWiddershins Mask in an odd mood
But first … NEWS: Last year I was invited to do a guest post for the Clarion blog. It’s up today. Writers Craft#112 You Have To Be There. Clarion is a Science Fiction and Fantasy Writer’s Workshop, and is a big deal in a SF writers Universe. My invitation came about because I follow the Clarion […]
widdershinsfirstWiddershins MaskWana-Conference Logo
I read this article today by David Gaughran on his blog, ‘Lets Get Digital – How To Self-Publish And Why You Should’. It’s on his ‘Practicalities’ page, and if you scroll down to the last topic you’ll come across this information: Amazon, Smashwords, etc, are obliged by US law to withhold 30% of a self-published authors royalties unless […]
widdershinsfirstWiddershins On Red Velvet30%
Tomorrow, 31st March, Episode 3 of ‘Identical’ will be published right here! In order to make it easier to read the previous episodes, the series now had a whole page all of its own. Presenting, ‘IDENTICAL’ – the complete serials … Ta-dah!!!!! … OK, it’s only two episodes so far, but soon, my pretties, soon there’ll be […]
widdershinsfirstWiddershinsMask and the Maple Tree
I have a guest post today over on Sonnet O’Dell’s ‘Dusty Pages’ blog – drop by, I’ll put the kettle on and we can share a cuppa. * And now … a truly wondrous phantasmagorical find! A Science Fiction novel written and published by a woman in … wait for it … 1666. That’s (let […]
You will be missed. “With a library you are free, not confined by temporary political climates. It is the most democratic of institutions because no one – but no one at all – can tell you what to read and when and how” – Doris Lessing, 1919-2013, Writer.
95 is an impressive innings, but when you consider how this man lived those years they become even more so. Take care on your next Journey, Nelson. You will be missed. Nelson Mandela, 1918-2013
I am a cancer destroyer. I am a cancer obliterator. I am the Cancer-nator!!! I am Cancer-free!
It’s my Birth Day today. Mrs Widds made me an angel food cake. She makes the best Birth Day cakes evah! We hung out and had pizza for dinner. Life is good.
widdershinsfirstMe. All day.I saved you a pieceYeah, yeah. Time for my close-up
The finalists for the 30th Annual Readers Awards are free to read on their website until May. There’s five stories in each category, Novelettes, Novellas, Short Stories, and Poetry … something for everyone🙂
I am now officially an ‘unpublished author’! I posted a while back about renegotiating a new contract with the company that took over from Mortal Instinct’s original publisher, here, and here. The contract was about as good as I could make it, so I sent it off to the publisher and waited for feedback … or […]
Go HERE, now! … or Badass, the Maine Coon will get you Pic by Robert Sijka … go check out s’more … resistance is futile … there are kittens …
widdershinsfirstIt's mah name. You gotta problem with that?
Thanks to The Passive Voice, which is an indie writer site very well worth checking out, I discovered that Amazon is showcasing a whole bunch of indie books in all sorts of categories for the month of October. Go here to check it out … Powered by Indie So, I checked it out and decided to […]
widdershinsfirstInquiring Minds wish to know
Got a candle on the altar for you, Carrie.
widdershinsfirstNO! ...... YOU CAN'T HAVE HER
The 24th country in the world where marriage equality is for everyone. That’s all three of the countries I’ve lived in! I’m sensing a pattern here.